Friday 15 June 2012

[RVInternetBySatellite] Digest Number 2779

Messages In This Digest (1 Message)

1a.
Help From: Bill Dawson

Message

1a.

Help

Posted by: "Bill Dawson" tsbill99@yahoo.com   tsbill99

Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:49 am (PDT)



I'm having a problem I haven't seen anyone mention on this forum but I
hope someone can help.

I am unable to set up my satellite or even get the parameters for set
up. When I go to the Hughes Net Setup page, I do get the top menu there
but there is a message across the top of the page above the menu as follows:

200 OK Connection: close Server: WindWeb/1.0 Date: WED Jun 13 01:52:58
2012 Content-Type: text/html WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="HUGHES terminal"
HughesNet

When I click "Hughes Net Setup" (first menu item), the page goes blank
except for the above message although the date and time keep moving and
the "HughesNet" at the end of the message drops off.

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this or better yet, how I can
resolve this problem. I have waited several hours and rebooted modem
and computer numerous times without any change. I found a button on the
modem that says "rescue switch" but I have been afraid to try that until
I resolved any other possible ways to resolve the problem. I have a
vague recollection that any kind of reset of the modem was a "last
resort" try for a solution.

Thanks for any ideas of what to do at this point - I really don't want
to contact Hughes if I can avoid it. Especially since I don't even have
the satellite dish pointed at the satellite - I can't get the direction,
elevation, and polar stats when the setup pages are not accessible.

Bill Dawson
Satellite 127
Frequency 1170
Modem Hughes 7000S

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New web site?

Drive traffic now.

Get your business

on Yahoo! search.

Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Y! Messenger

PC-to-PC calls

Call your friends

worldwide - free!

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

No comments:

Post a Comment