Monday 18 June 2012

[RVInternetBySatellite] Digest Number 2782

Messages In This Digest (2 Messages)

1a.
Hughes & Direct TV From: charles
1b.
Re: Hughes & Direct TV From: Don Bradner

Messages

1a.

Hughes & Direct TV

Posted by: "charles" mcchuck1999@yahoo.com   mcchuck1999

Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:37 pm (PDT)



The more I read I am about ready to get the Verizon Cell phone with internet service. I really liked going up into the Unita Mountains and setting up the one dish and watching direct tv and using my computer at the same time. Using the solar panel sitting in my slide out listening to the Bear River and using my computer was so peaceful---just me and my Great Dane, Little Boy! One more question, what is the difference between the 2 and 4 watts? Chuck

1b.

Re: Hughes & Direct TV

Posted by: "Don Bradner" donb@arcatapet.com   donbradner

Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:01 pm (PDT)



Since Hughes uses only and strictly 1 and 2 watts I assume that is what you mean?

If so, 2 watts is necessary, along with a larger than normal dish, to achieve the upload speeds that are possible with enterprise business accounts.

Since the Hughes system automatically "dials back" the power used to the least that will do the job, using a 2-watt on a consumer dish will essentially do nothing. No harm, but no gain.

Other systems, such as iDirect, are much more power hungry, and transmitters can go to 6 or even 8 watts, again with larger dishes. Such systems cost many thousands for hardware, and many hundreds per month for service.

On 6/18/2012 at 2:37 AM charles wrote:

>The more I read I am about ready to get the Verizon Cell phone with
>internet service. I really liked going up into the Unita Mountains and
>setting up the one dish and watching direct tv and using my computer at
>the same time. Using the solar panel sitting in my slide out listening to
>the Bear River and using my computer was so peaceful---just me and my
>Great Dane, Little Boy! One more question, what is the difference between
>the 2 and 4 watts? Chuck

Don Bradner
www.arcatapet.net

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Ads on Yahoo!

Learn more now.

Reach customers

searching for you.

Yahoo! Groups

Parenting Zone

Tips for a happy,

healthy home

Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

No comments:

Post a Comment