Monday 3 December 2012

[pakgrid] Funding for Students to travel abroad

 

Dear all,
After presenting at a recent conference at UCLA, I have gotten a few
offers by faculty in US and Europe inquiring about students to work in
their (the foreign faculty) research groups.

After a pushed a few of my students (all doing, or just completed
masters) to apply for the position, I got a favorable reply from a few.
However they did ask if the Pakistan government supports such activities
to partially take care of the cost (possibly return airfare?).

To emphasize, I am inquiring about programs that let master students
visit labs outside of Pakistan for exposure. I know there is a similar
program by HEC for PhD students
(http://beta.hec.gov.pk/InsideHEC/Divisions/HRD/Scholarships/ForeignScholarships/ISSIP/Pages/IRSIP_beta02.aspx)
but not for Master students.

Does this community know of alternative resources?

Will appreciate input, you can also send me private emails to keep the
forum less cluttered and I can post the final links.

Regards,

Affan

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment