Saturday 23 March 2013

[pakgrid] cloud computing, research and SOPs [3 Attachments]

 
[Attachment(s) from Rizwan Mian included below]

Dear Friends, aa,

This email is primarily aimed at students. I have written up some "concrete" research ideas [1] aimed at a course in cloud computing [2]. I am co-teaching this course at Queen's University, Canada. Many of these ideas can be developed into publications.

When I was applying for a PhD in 2008, I wrote up a few statements of intent, which are also called statements of purpose (SOP). These contain some research ideas that can be developed into PhD projects. I share them with you (attached). My PhD work is on executing data-intensive workloads in public clouds [3].

I sincerely believe in team work and collaboration. If you decide to work on any of the ideas, please let me know. I know this may sound naive, but I would like to be a co-author of any publications with "minimal" involvement. I would expect you work with your supervisor, and get me involved for reviews or to seek out publication venues.

good luck and I look forward to hearing from you.
Rizwan :-)

ps. don't forget to vote in elections please.

[3] R. Mian, Managing Data-Intensive Workloads in a Cloud (Ph.D. Depth Paper),  Technical Report#: 2011-581, P. Martin, School of Computing, Queen's University, 2011. http://research.cs.queensu.ca/TechReports/Reports/2011-580.pdf

--
Rizwan Mian :-)
Doctoral Candidate
School of Computing (Sum Ergo Computo)
Queens University
http://research.cs.queensu.ca/~mian/index.htm

__._,_.___

Attachment(s) from Rizwan Mian

3 of 3 File(s)

Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment