Thursday 24 May 2012

[RVInternetBySatellite] Digest Number 2771

Messages In This Digest (2 Messages)

1a.
Switch from SatMex5 ? From: plcz2go
1b.
Re: Switch from SatMex5 ? From: Barb Nolley

Messages

1a.

Switch from SatMex5 ?

Posted by: "plcz2go" scott_legear@escapees.com   plcz2go

Thu May 24, 2012 7:59 am (PDT)



This morning my service is terrible. My "signal strength" has dropped from about 68 to about 45 and "tweaking" doesn't improve it. So this brings to mind the question - should I attempt to switch to a new satellite before this aging bird finally bites the dust?

It seems to me that if Hughes decides to move me to another bird they are going to want to have someone come to my "house" and make the changes and that will be a hassle to deal with. So I'm thinking maybe it would make sense to try and switch preemptively, even if it costs me a coupla bux.

Anyone have any semi-intelligent thoughts on this subject? Or maybe just some incoherent rants, what the hell!

- Scott

1b.

Re: Switch from SatMex5 ?

Posted by: "Barb Nolley" bjnolley@mobileinternetsatellite.com   bjnolley2

Thu May 24, 2012 8:33 am (PDT)



Scott,

I would get switched now, since Hughes will most likely want to send someone
out to your house ... though you may be able to convince Hughes that you
have an installer as a good friend, who will do the repoint for you.

And, yes, there will be costs involved.

Contact me privately, to discuss further,

Barb

MobileInternetSatellite.com

From: RVInternetBySatellite@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:RVInternetBySatellite@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of plcz2go
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2012 7:59 AM
To: RVInternetBySatellite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [RVInternetBySatellite] Switch from SatMex5 ?

This morning my service is terrible. My "signal strength" has dropped from
about 68 to about 45 and "tweaking" doesn't improve it. So this brings to
mind the question - should I attempt to switch to a new satellite before
this aging bird finally bites the dust?

It seems to me that if Hughes decides to move me to another bird they are
going to want to have someone come to my "house" and make the changes and
that will be a hassle to deal with. So I'm thinking maybe it would make
sense to try and switch preemptively, even if it costs me a coupla bux.

Anyone have any semi-intelligent thoughts on this subject? Or maybe just
some incoherent rants, what the hell!

- Scott

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Search Ads

Get new customers.

List your web site

in Yahoo! Search.

Y! Messenger

Group get-together

Host a free online

conference on IM.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

No comments:

Post a Comment