Sunday 27 May 2012

[RVInternetBySatellite] Digest Number 2774

Messages In This Digest (1 Message)

1a.
Re: Switch from SatMex5 ? From: plcz2go

Message

1a.

Re: Switch from SatMex5 ?

Posted by: "plcz2go" scott_legear@escapees.com   plcz2go

Sat May 26, 2012 10:45 am (PDT)



Don, It appears you are correct. It shows me as 999 and the last time I remember looking, which was a long time ago, I was on 990. As of this morning the service is slightly better. I'm doing a download which is clocking in at about 27 KBps versus yesterday when it was about 4 KBps and dropping out every minute or so. My "signal strength" seems stable at about 45. (I have no idea what a Msps is but I assume it's an important part of the medicine and magic smoke.)

It looks like Barb is right, I should bail off this bird as soon as I can.

Thanks for your thoughts.

- Scott

--- In RVInternetBySatellite@yahoogroups.com, "Don Bradner" <donb@...> wrote:
>
> I think you are probably on 990, and will find that your modem is switching back and forth from 990 to 999, as that is a current switchover that Hughes is making. There will be a normal period of instability as the primary/secondary issues resolve themselves over a few weeks. 999 is only 10Msps compared to the 30 that 990 was, so it will have a much weaker signal.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Y! Messenger

Want a quick chat?

Chat over IM with

group members.

New business?

Get new customers.

List your web site

in Yahoo! Search.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

No comments:

Post a Comment