Saturday 26 May 2012

[RVInternetBySatellite] Digest Number 2773

Messages In This Digest (3 Messages)

1a.
Re: Switch from SatMex5 ? From: Don Bradner
1b.
Re: Switch from SatMex5 ? From: Susanne
2.
Should I bother??? From: Seann Fox

Messages

1a.

Re: Switch from SatMex5 ?

Posted by: "Don Bradner" donb@arcatapet.com   donbradner

Fri May 25, 2012 8:39 am (PDT)



I think you are probably on 990, and will find that your modem is switching back and forth from 990 to 999, as that is a current switchover that Hughes is making. There will be a normal period of instability as the primary/secondary issues resolve themselves over a few weeks. 999 is only 10Msps compared to the 30 that 990 was, so it will have a much weaker signal.

On 5/24/2012 at 2:59 PM plcz2go wrote:

>This morning my service is terrible. My "signal strength" has dropped
>from about 68 to about 45 and "tweaking" doesn't improve it. So this
>brings to mind the question - should I attempt to switch to a new
>satellite before this aging bird finally bites the dust?
>
>It seems to me that if Hughes decides to move me to another bird they are
>going to want to have someone come to my "house" and make the changes and
>that will be a hassle to deal with. So I'm thinking maybe it would make
>sense to try and switch preemptively, even if it costs me a coupla bux.
>
>Anyone have any semi-intelligent thoughts on this subject? Or maybe just
>some incoherent rants, what the hell!
>
>- Scott
>
>
>
>------------------------------------
>
>Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

Don Bradner
www.arcatapet.net

1b.

Re: Switch from SatMex5 ?

Posted by: "Susanne" johnsmith543@ymail.com   mails2susanne

Fri May 25, 2012 9:30 am (PDT)



This morning my service is terrible. My "signal strength" has dropped
from about
68 to about 45 and "tweaking" doesn't improve it. So this brings to mind
the
question - should I attempt to switch to a new satellite before this
aging bird
finally bites the dust?.....for more info..... http://goo.gl/wKBmO
<http://goo.gl/wKBmO>
--- In RVInternetBySatellite@yahoogroups.com, "plcz2go"
<scott_legear@...> wrote:
>
> This morning my service is terrible. My "signal strength" has dropped
from about 68 to about 45 and "tweaking" doesn't improve it. So this
brings to mind the question - should I attempt to switch to a new
satellite before this aging bird finally bites the dust?
>
> It seems to me that if Hughes decides to move me to another bird they
are going to want to have someone come to my "house" and make the
changes and that will be a hassle to deal with. So I'm thinking maybe
it would make sense to try and switch preemptively, even if it costs me
a coupla bux.
>
> Anyone have any semi-intelligent thoughts on this subject? Or maybe
just some incoherent rants, what the hell!
>
> - Scott
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

2.

Should I bother???

Posted by: "Seann Fox" seann45@gmail.com   fox19899

Fri May 25, 2012 8:54 am (PDT)



In Feb 20*11* my sat dish and transmitter got damaged in a wind storm..
When I got back home in April I sent it in to the service center that I
bought it from... It has been there ever since.. he keeps saying it will be
ready in a month and then some part is missing...

My question... with all that has been going on with Hughes net Should I
keep waiting for the parts or just find a different way to access the net?
Last winter I was able to use BeamSpeed which is a radio link to a base
station.. Speed was about the same but with NO LIMITS... on usage...

The reason I am asking is besides the long wait... it appears that lots are
having trouble now ... more than before...

Seann

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups

Mental Health Zone

Schizophrenia groups

Find support

Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

New web site?

Drive traffic now.

Get your business

on Yahoo! search.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

No comments:

Post a Comment