Thursday 19 July 2012

[RVInternetBySatellite] Digest Number 2795

4 New Messages

Digest #2795

Messages

Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:37 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

"charles" mcchuck1999

I am aware that downloading movies, videos,downloading microsoft updates, etc. use a lot of gigabytes, but what could I have done for my wife and I to have used 1 gigabyte in a day? All we do is surf the net, read stories, and read e-mails. I only sent a couple e-mails out. Can someone tell me what is using our megabytes?

Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:41 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

"Roger Westerman" rfwesterman

How about automatic software updates?? Roger
On Jul 18, 2012, at 3:37 PM, charles wrote:

> I am aware that downloading movies, videos,downloading microsoft updates, etc. use a lot of gigabytes, but what could I have done for my wife and I to have used 1 gigabyte in a day? All we do is surf the net, read stories, and read e-mails. I only sent a couple e-mails out. Can someone tell me what is using our megabytes?
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:40 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

"Skip Knowles" skip_knowles

Nothing that I know of, they would have Fapped you well before that.

Skip
==========
I am aware that downloading movies, videos,downloading microsoft updates,
etc. use a lot of gigabytes, but what could I have done for my wife and I to
have used 1 gigabyte in a day? All we do is surf the net, read stories, and
read e-mails. I only sent a couple e-mails out. Can someone tell me what is
using our megabytes?

Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:40 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

"Bill Joyce" bjoyce7071

It is about impossible to tell after the fact. Automatic updates, video ads
on hidden tabs (do you have your audio muted?), someone using your wifi
network that you don't know about, there are lots of things that could use
bandwidth. If you are running Windows you can install Networx, free, on
each computer and have hour by hour usage. If you have a newer Cradlepoint
router you can monitor and set usage limites (the CTR35 and MBR95 have this
ability). These would alert you when the usage was happening so you could
investigate.

Bill

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

No comments:

Post a Comment