Friday 27 July 2012

[RVInternetBySatellite] Digest Number 2797

1 New Message

Digest #2797

Message

Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:47 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"Robert Handren" rthandren

Since I emptied my Yahoo address book and turned off the automatic addition of addresses - thus keeping it always empty - the hackers have nothing to use. My Yahoo account used to be stolen 2-3 times a year and I got tired of changing e-mail addresses. Have not had a single hijack for 2 years - because there is nothing, no e-mail address data, to hijack. There are plenty of other ways to keep e-mail adresses for use without leaving them on Yahoo's servers., such as a word processor file and copy and paste. A little slower but easier for me than notifying hundreds of people I had to change my address.
 
I am sure the jerks that do this could find a way around this approach but why bother with all those accounts with thousands of addresses stored nice and neatly in a file? They would to "mine" my messges - a lot harder to do. Similar to making your house harder to get into so the burglers move on.
 
Works for me.

Bob (rthandren@yahoo.com)
'05 Inspire 51178

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

We are making changes based on your feedback, Thank you !
The Yahoo! Groups Product Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment