Tuesday 30 August 2011

[RVInternetBySatellite] Digest Number 2683

Messages In This Digest (3 Messages)

1a.
Questions From: Dick S
1b.
Re: Questions From: Bill Adams
1c.
Re: Questions From: Don Bradner

Messages

1a.

Questions

Posted by: "Dick S" rcscheit@hotmail.com   dscheit

Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:18 pm (PDT)



Hello Group,

About 3 years ago now, I decommissioned my Hughes 7000S, which had been working great for some 4 1/2 years... Rather than sell it or just throw it in a heap somewhere I kept it thinking someday I might bring it back online. I had been working off 127 Horizon.

In bringing the 7000S back online today, I fine I do not receive a signal from what my setup use to be.

The dish is setup right = the tri-pod is level, the elevation height is correct and the skew is good also. When I swing through the correct azimuth - nothing - but I can see other birds with a 30 signal level, which tells me I am looking at the wrong satellite.

I would like to see if the unit still work before I just throw it in the garbage.

I do have a LAN light, Power light of course and I can send a setup signal to the 7000S. I also get a signal of up to 30 on the OPI meter which is still working also. Yes, I have one of those that still works.

Any help would be appreciated. I also know that I will have to talk to the Hughes Net folks.(India)UGH ! ! !

If someone is on Verizon and would like to call me = 319-329-4288

Thanks in advance for any help,

Dick

1b.

Re: Questions

Posted by: "Bill Adams" Bill@internetanywhere.us   r_v_satellites

Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:14 pm (PDT)



Get pointed and re-run the registration installer routine to find out what
your current satellite assignment is. Assuming that you have correctly
setup your account so that it can be re-activated, once you get through the
registration you should be OK. Personally, I am a big fan of pointing my
antenna to SM5 (117W) 1070, V, H (SR30) as this transponder is easy to pass
ACP and almost always allows the registration to complete without issue.
_____

From: RVInternetBySatellite@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:RVInternetBySatellite@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Dick S
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2011 5:19 PM
To: RVInternetBySatellite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [RVInternetBySatellite] Questions

Hello Group,

About 3 years ago now, I decommissioned my Hughes 7000S, which had been
working great for some 4 1/2 years... Rather than sell it or just throw it
in a heap somewhere I kept it thinking someday I might bring it back online.
I had been working off 127 Horizon.

In bringing the 7000S back online today, I fine I do not receive a signal
from what my setup use to be.

The dish is setup right = the tri-pod is level, the elevation height is
correct and the skew is good also. When I swing through the correct azimuth
- nothing - but I can see other birds with a 30 signal level, which tells me
I am looking at the wrong satellite.

I would like to see if the unit still work before I just throw it in the
garbage.

I do have a LAN light, Power light of course and I can send a setup signal
to the 7000S. I also get a signal of up to 30 on the OPI meter which is
still working also. Yes, I have one of those that still works.

Any help would be appreciated. I also know that I will have to talk to the
Hughes Net folks.(India)UGH ! ! !

If someone is on Verizon and would like to call me = 319-329-4288

Thanks in advance for any help,

Dick

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

1c.

Re: Questions

Posted by: "Don Bradner" donb@arcatapet.com   donbradner

Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:43 pm (PDT)



Dick, keep in mind that a 30 signal is not just from a wrong satellite - it can come because the transponder is wrong, or the polarity is wrong, or the symbol rate is wrong.

There is almost zero chance that one of those hasn't been changed over the past 3 years - changes are occurring almost weekly these days it seems.

Grab the latest config file and install it before you choose a transponder to point to.

On 8/29/2011 at 11:18 PM Dick S wrote:

>Hello Group,
>
>About 3 years ago now, I decommissioned my Hughes 7000S, which had been
>working great for some 4 1/2 years... Rather than sell it or just throw
>it in a heap somewhere I kept it thinking someday I might bring it back
>online. I had been working off 127 Horizon.
>
>In bringing the 7000S back online today, I fine I do not receive a signal
>from what my setup use to be.
>
>The dish is setup right = the tri-pod is level, the elevation height is
>correct and the skew is good also. When I swing through the correct
>azimuth - nothing - but I can see other birds with a 30 signal level,
>which tells me I am looking at the wrong satellite.
>
>I would like to see if the unit still work before I just throw it in the
>garbage.
>
>I do have a LAN light, Power light of course and I can send a setup signal
>to the 7000S. I also get a signal of up to 30 on the OPI meter which is
>still working also. Yes, I have one of those that still works.
>
>Any help would be appreciated. I also know that I will have to talk to
>the Hughes Net folks.(India)UGH ! ! !
>
>If someone is on Verizon and would like to call me = 319-329-4288
>
>Thanks in advance for any help,
>
>Dick
>
>
>
>------------------------------------
>
>Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

Don Bradner
www.arcatapet.net

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

New web site?

Drive traffic now.

Get your business

on Yahoo! search.

Yahoo! Groups

Mental Health Zone

Mental Health

Learn More

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web
MARKETPLACE
A bad score is 598. A bad idea is not checking yours, at freecreditscore.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment