Wednesday 31 August 2011

[RVInternetBySatellite] Digest Number 2684

Messages In This Digest (2 Messages)

1a.
Re: Questions From: Dick S
1b.
Re: Questions From: Bill Adams

Messages

1a.

Re: Questions

Posted by: "Dick S" rcscheit@hotmail.com   dscheit

Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:40 pm (PDT)



Bill, Don, thanks for your input...

Bill I ran the the registration installer routine ( I saved my notes for May 2005 from Gene ) and guess what... I was back online with a 61 Sig level.. same as in the past.. I also hit the Cross Poll the first time.. I guess after 3 yrs and 9 months (Nov 08) I have not lost my touch of finding the Bird...

So other than all the TX errors, I'll run it through the night, the 7000S is well and the xmiter seems to be are all working find.

Thanks again,

Dick

--- In RVInternetBySatellite@yahoogroups.com, "Don Bradner" <donb@...> wrote:
>
> Dick, keep in mind that a 30 signal is not just from a wrong satellite - it can come because the transponder is wrong, or the polarity is wrong, or the symbol rate is wrong.
>
> There is almost zero chance that one of those hasn't been changed over the past 3 years - changes are occurring almost weekly these days it seems.
>
> Grab the latest config file and install it before you choose a transponder to point to.
>
> On 8/29/2011 at 11:18 PM Dick S wrote:
>

1b.

Re: Questions

Posted by: "Bill Adams" Bill@internetanywhere.us   r_v_satellites

Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:56 pm (PDT)



Yeah! Very nice. Congratulations.

_____

From: RVInternetBySatellite@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:RVInternetBySatellite@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Dick S
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 5:41 PM
To: RVInternetBySatellite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [RVInternetBySatellite] Re: Questions

Bill, Don, thanks for your input...

Bill I ran the the registration installer routine ( I saved my notes for May
2005 from Gene ) and guess what... I was back online with a 61 Sig level..
same as in the past.. I also hit the Cross Poll the first time.. I guess
after 3 yrs and 9 months (Nov 08) I have not lost my touch of finding the
Bird...

So other than all the TX errors, I'll run it through the night, the 7000S is
well and the xmiter seems to be are all working find.

Thanks again,

Dick

--- In RVInternetBySatellite@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:RVInternetBySatellite%40yahoogroups.com> , "Don Bradner" <donb@...>
wrote:
>
> Dick, keep in mind that a 30 signal is not just from a wrong satellite -
it can come because the transponder is wrong, or the polarity is wrong, or
the symbol rate is wrong.
>
> There is almost zero chance that one of those hasn't been changed over the
past 3 years - changes are occurring almost weekly these days it seems.
>
> Grab the latest config file and install it before you choose a transponder
to point to.
>
> On 8/29/2011 at 11:18 PM Dick S wrote:
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

New web site?

Drive traffic now.

Get your business

on Yahoo! search.

Find helpful tips

for Moderators

on the Yahoo!

Groups team blog.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web
MARKETPLACE
A bad score is 579. A good idea is checking yours at freecreditscore.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment