Tuesday 17 July 2012

[RVInternetBySatellite] Digest Number 2794

3 New Messages

Digest #2794

Messages

Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:57 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"Joe Keenan" jpkeenanjr


On Jul 15, 2012, at 11:48 PM, charles wrote:

> I left Cumberland a couple weeks ago and am now in Wellsville, NY The guy in the park I am staying had to go home for a few weeks and said I could use his satellite dish since he already had it zeroed in. I strung my cable over to his dish and can't get anything! I noticed he had 3 knobs in his dish and my dish only had one. He claimed he had to have the 3 knobs for HD. Well I had HD and only had the one knob. Question is why won't it work?

You sure he's not a Dish Network customer? A Dish setup for HD would have three distinct LNBs. Both Dish and DirecTV use spot beams for the local networks only. You would still get everything else even if you're out of "your" spot beam.

joe

Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:04 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

"charles" mcchuck1999

It had Direct TV written on the dish and the guy said it was direct tv.

--- In RVInternetBySatellite@yahoogroups.com, Joe Keenan <joe@...> wrote:
>
>
> On Jul 15, 2012, at 11:48 PM, charles wrote:
>
> > I left Cumberland a couple weeks ago and am now in Wellsville, NY The guy in the park I am staying had to go home for a few weeks and said I could use his satellite dish since he already had it zeroed in. I strung my cable over to his dish and can't get anything! I noticed he had 3 knobs in his dish and my dish only had one. He claimed he had to have the 3 knobs for HD. Well I had HD and only had the one knob. Question is why won't it work?
>
> You sure he's not a Dish Network customer? A Dish setup for HD would have three distinct LNBs. Both Dish and DirecTV use spot beams for the local networks only. You would still get everything else even if you're out of "your" spot beam.
>
> joe
>

Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:10 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

"charles" mcchuck1999

I had Hughes Net called Direcway from 2003 to 2007 and I paid what I thought was my final bill and they locked me out of the Direcway Website. I was in the Philippines from 4 July 2007 till 5 September 2011 and when I got back I found that good ole creepy Hughes Net(Direcway) claimed I had owed them $15.00 and turned my bill over to a credit agency. I know to not screw with those people, because they will screw you going and coming!

--- In RVInternetBySatellite@yahoogroups.com, "Don Bradner" <donb@...> wrote:
>
> If you had Hughes direct service, you had a 2-year contract with all of those provisions. Whether you honor the contract is up to you, but they do have contractural rights that they may well go after you for.
>
> As far as DirecTV goes, dishes can have many different head styles. If you had DirecTV with a "single" head and had HD then you actually had a 3-head dish where all three heads were in a single oval LNB. Called SL-3
>
> With a dish that looks like 3 heads there are actually 5, with 3 in the larger head. Called SL-5. You have to setup a DirecTV receiver for the exact type of dish it is attached to, you can't just switch around without going through setup.
>
> On 7/16/2012 at 3:48 AM charles wrote:
>
> >I left Cumberland a couple weeks ago and am now in Wellsville, NY The guy
> >in the park I am staying had to go home for a few weeks and said I could
> >use his satellite dish since he already had it zeroed in. I strung my
> >cable over to his dish and can't get anything! I noticed he had 3 knobs in
> >his dish and my dish only had one. He claimed he had to have the 3 knobs
> >for HD. Well I had HD and only had the one knob. Question is why won't it
> >work? Another question is, Direct TV wouldn't have me on a spot satellite
> >like Hughes Net did to me would they? In regards to Hughes Net the guy I
> >talked to when I told them to cut the service got rather nasty! I have had
> >the service since September 2011 and he claimed I owed them a $290.00
> >cut-off fee. He then ask me what I had done with the equipment and I told
> >him I had been parked in my sister's driveway and had left the modem and
> >dish there where the Hughes staff could pick it up. Here is where it got
> >nasty---he said it was the customer's responsibility to drop it off at
> >Hughes!~ I have no idea where the idiots are located---maybe way down in
> >Virginia! In any event they had been charging me a maintenance fee every
> >month on my bill if I had trouble and they would send a man out! Never
> >called them and they have the balls to tell me that crap!!!
> >
> >
> >
> >------------------------------------
> >
> >Yahoo! Groups Links
> >
> >
> >
>
> Don Bradner
> www.arcatapet.net
>

No comments:

Post a Comment