Thursday 30 August 2012

[THANK YOU] [pakgrid] Career Advice - help please

 


Dear all,

I am really feeling honored to be a member of this group/community - a forum of kind, helpful, and well-wishers.

I am extremely thankful from the core of my heart to all you for your kind suggestions and helpful advices. It was really interesting discussion and I got lot of information.

JazakAllah Khair!
 


Best regards,

Akbar. 

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Anjum Iqbal <anjum.research@gmail.com>
To: pakgrid@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 3:42 PM
Subject: Re: [pakgrid] Career Advice - help please

 
Assalam o Alaikum !

Opinions of all well-wishers of the requester seem addressing following objectives;

1) Prosperous career;
2) Serving humanity;
3) Serving Pakistan.

The prominent national issues related to these objectives are;

Lack of;
1) Academia industry bridging, and
2) Entrepreneurship

The track of;
Industry intensive PhD - Earning & experience from Industry - Project management training - Entrepreneurship

may work well to achieve the personal, national, and humanitarian objectives, simultaneously resolving the related national issues.

Acknowledgment - this email is based on the opinions of successful academicians, practitioners, entrepreneurs, etc. "thanks to them".

Regards and Best Wishes


On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 7:32 PM, Mahmood A. Sheikh <mas_sm@yahoo.com> wrote:
 
Many opinions have come in this regard and what I can say is that PhD may help in industry if a person has already worked for a while in some industry prior to embarking on PhD studies. In that case, it will surely benefit the successful candidate, rich enhancement in salary. On the other hand if a person has just graduated a got an opportunity to do a PhD, lesser are his chances that after doing a PhD he will be able to make his mark in an industry and he will end up in teaching or research only. Finally it all depends what one may want to do and most important as in some other discussion someone has advised that never do a PhD just to become a PhD or just due to the fact that many others are doing otherwise it will never benefit to its full extent.
 
regards,

Mahmood A. Sheikh.

--- On Sun, 8/26/12, Anjum Iqbal <anjum.research@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Anjum Iqbal <anjum.research@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [pakgrid] Career Advice - help please
To: pakgrid@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, August 26, 2012, 12:54 PM


 
Assalam o Alaikum !

You may consider the track of:

industry oriented PhD - experience & earning from industry (according to your target) - project management training - entrepreneurer (modern social enterprise growing to the potential of you & your team).

Best Wishes 


On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 6:10 AM, Muhammad Imran Tariq <imrantariqbutt@yahoo.com> wrote:
 

Hi.

I think you have to go for Ph.D, although you will suffer for 3 years, but it will set your career. You are already living out of country and lot of research institutes / universities offer scholarships.  I recommend you to apply on such scholarships so that you earn some money with Ph.d degree.

This is my suggestion and I hope you will be successful. 

No pain No gain. Every degree demands sacrifice. so do it. 

Lecturer Muhammad Imran Tariq  




--- On Mon, 8/20/12, Akbar <shan_hello2003@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

From: Akbar <shan_hello2003@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: [pakgrid] Career Advice - help please
To: "pakgrid@yahoogroups.com" <pakgrid@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Monday, August 20, 2012, 1:32 PM

 
Dear fellows,

Assalam o Alykum, First of all EID Mubarak to all of you.

I really need an advice regarding career planning. I completed my Undergraduate form Pakistan in Electrical engineering. After that I got an opportunity to work in an engineering degree awarding institute as a lecturer (instructor). I served there for 2 years then I got scholarship opportunity and perused my Master's degree in Electrical engineering from a very well renowned Korean university.

Now, currently I am working in medium-scale Korean company. But I want to pursue a PhD so that I can have a honorable job (top level positions) in a well renowned company/university and can earn more (in future).
But I am confused to go for a PhD or wait and have an industrial experience in related field. I request to the senior members of this group to please advise and help me to plan a good career.

I know I may sound stupid by asking these kinds of questions, but, I really want to have different opinions.
 
Best regards,
AKBAR, MS (EE)
South Korea.






__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment